Blues, bunnies, beaches and craft beer are included in the roundup of annual fun spring traditions along the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Whether you are looking for family-friendly options or chill time with just the adults, you’ll be sure to find an upcoming event that is perfect for you and the crew.
- On Saturday, March 30, 2019, in Long Beach, MS the University Southern Mississippi – Gulf Park Campus, 730 East Beach Blvd, will host the Jazz and Blues Festival – tucked under the Friendship Oak – featuring jazz and blues musicians, local artists and craftsmen, food vendors and family-friend activities. Activities begin at 10 a.m. Other highlights include:
- Inaugural Jazz and Blues Art Competition
- Children’s Village with games and prizes
Proceeds will support scholarships for Gulf Park campus students. For more information visit https://www.usm.edu/gulfcoast/jazz-blues.
- Biloxi’s featured fun event on March 30 will be its Annual Biloxi Chamber Craft Beer Festival. Join others for a chance to sample local craft beers plus lots of great food options too. The event will be held from 4-7 p.m. at MGM Park. Early bird VIP admission tickets are $70, Early Bird regular admission is $35, ending at 10 p.m., Friday, March 29. Gate admission is $45. Buy your tickets by calling 228-604-0014 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On April 6-7, 2019, join other art lovers for the Annual Art in the Pass at War Memorial Park, Highway 90 & Flietas Avenue, Pass Christian, MS. This free event is being held daily from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Works from more than 100 artists from 15 states will featured in this juried art festival that boasts paintings, sculptures, photography, printmaking, and pottery. Other activities include crafts, music, food and more.
- You’ll be able to spot the Easter Bunny all across the MS Gulf Coast this spring with annual Easter Egg Hunts galore. Beginning on Sat. April 13, the City of Gautier will kick off its annual free event at 6 a.m. at the Shepard State Park, 1034, Graveline Road. Activities include pictures with the Easter Bunny, hayride, face painting, and prizes. They’re even hosting a movie following the egg hunt. Other Easter Egg events include:
- April 13, Breakfast with Bunny and free Egg Hunt, from 8:30-9:30 a.m. at the Salvation Army Kroc Center, 575 Division Street, Biloxi.
- April 13, City of Gulfport’s Annual Easter Egg Hunt, 8 – 10:30 a.m., Jones Park. Perfect for ages 0 – 12, this free community event includes an Egg Hunt that begins at 10 a.m. sharp. Bring your own basket and follow up with a chance to see the Easter Bunny. Bring your own camera and get photos.
- April 14, Palm Sunday Egg Hunt, 4-5 p.m. a the Coast Community Church in Biloxi, MS, 15041 Shriners Blvd., Biloxi, MS. Bring your own basket and help search for more than 8,000 eggs.
- Saturday, April 20, visit the City of Long Beach for an Easter Egg-Stravaganza at the Dolce Bakeshop, 112 W. 3rd Street. Start the day off at 8 a.m. with a fundraising waffle breakfast complete with sausage and a drink for $5. Follow up with a candy-filled Easter Egg hunt and later, visit the Alpaca and Bunny Kissing Booth and live music, face painting, carnival games and more. Proceeds to benefit the Long Beach High School Band.
- What MS Gulf Coast spring is complete without tasty crawfish? You’ll get a chance to indulge to your heart’s content in this local cuisine at C&R’s 11th Annual Crawfish Cook-off on Saturday, April 6, 2019. Held at the C&R Bar, this event is from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Admission is $25 for adults; $10 for kids 9-12, under 8 is free. The entry fee for the team competition is $150. Bring your lawn chairs and your appetite.